Office in Brussels
The Information Office of the Opolskie Region in Brussels represents the interests of the Opole Voivodeship within the European Union structures and cooperates with representatives of other regions and institutions in Brussels. It provides information that is relevant in the context of building and making use of the voivodeship’s potential.
The above objectives are pursued through the following activities:
- cooperation with EU institutions and representatives – the European Parliament, the European Commission and the European Committee of the Regions,
- establishing contacts with representatives of Polish and foreign diplomatic missions, regional representative offices and other organisations in Belgium,
- monitoring the activities of EU institutions,
- multilateral cooperation within networks and organisations operating within the EU framework in areas that are important from the perspective of view of the interests of the Opolskie Voivodeship,
- representing the Opole Region at information and promotional events in Brussels and Belgium,
- assistance in finding partners for the joint implementation of international and European projects,
- assistance in finding business partners in cooperation with the Chambers of Commerce in Belgium and Poland, the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in the Kingdom of Belgium, the Foreign Trade Office in Amsterdam, etc.
- substantive and organisational support for the trips of the Voivodeship Marshal, members of the Board of the Opolskie Voivodeship and deputies of the Parliament of the Opolskie Voivodeship to Brussels.
The Information Office of the Opolskie Region in Brussels has been operating since 2001. It is an off-site unit of the Office of the Marshal of the Opolskie Voivodeship. The direct, substantive and financial supervision is exercised and administrative and support services for the office are carried out by the Department of International Cooperation and Promotion of the Region of the Office of the Marshal of the Opolskie Voivodeship in Opole (Resolution of the Board of the Opolskie Voivodeship No. 2601/2016 of 13 September 2016).
Urząd Marszałkowski Województwa Opolskiego
Departament Współpracy z Zagranicą i Promocji Regionu
ul. Piastowska 14